Monday, February 28, 2011

B5496

Pattern Description: Loose-fitting, below hip or mid-thigh length pullover tunic with kimono sleeves and neckline variation

Pattern Sizing: L-XL

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Pretty much

Were the instructions easy to follow? They were very easy, I only read over them and didn’t go back to it. Although I did omit the bias tapered neckline and elastic waistband

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? The UNinstruction on completing the elastic waistband. If I’d actually wanted the elastic waistband the instructions were written for someone that already knew how to complete this step

Fabric Used: Sheer poly something or nother blend..basically I don’t know. I snabbed this fabric from Walmart for $1.50 per yd

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: As stated above, I eliminated the ribbon hem, elastic waistband and bias tape neckline. I didn’t think these steps were necessary for the fabric I used. When I sew this again, I will continue to exclude the ribbon, but will use the bias neckline and elastic waist.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, the other has already been cut. I highly recommend this to beginners.Conclusion: Very very very easy pullover that can easily be dressed up.
**Side note: I cut/made the XL and in wearing it, it was sorta everywhere. I will cut my second one top down to a large instead of the XL.
Happy Sewing yall!!

9 comments:

  1. Look at you! Looking great girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you, looking all fly. Love the entire outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, really cute! I love this outfit and am so inspired to start doing tunics!! I mentioned that earlier to our fellow blogger Adrienne. Great jog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is super cute and something I' wear myself!!

    ps-the kit club isn't a club you pay for...they show you a kit and then you go into YOUR OWN stash and recreate it for free outta stuff you have been meaning to use! that's why everybodys kit looks different! GIve it a try and you'll see all the old stuff you need to use LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to have to learn how to sew... I don't know where I will place a sewing machine, but you guys have me wanting to put needle to thread and get to sewing! lol... You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That whole outfit looks gorgeous on you. No wonder you already have the second top cut out!

    Me-Made-March is a challenge to wear the clothing you create every day for the entire month of March. You can find it on http://sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these pictures....and the shirt looks nice....Can I have those pants and the shirt but I think I need the extra large... :)

    ReplyDelete