Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Boyz Life

Happy Saturday!! I'm always so happy to welcome the weekend it's ridiculous...a crafter's joy: Living for the weekend:) Although my past couple of weekends have been so full, it's taken me longer to complete simple projects. Ohhh but I have a retreat coming up and I simply can not wait. A much needed break away from the norm is in order.

On to what I have to share for today...

I simply love creating LO's of Aaron skateboarding. He loves playing on his skateboard and I love taking pictures of him doing so, especially at the local skateboarding park. I think that's where we were headed the day this picture was taken.

I know I'm old school..still using magic mesh. I've utilized MM on my LO's for...hmmm..I think over 9 or 10 years now. I just can't get enough of using it. I'm actually finally running out, so that means I've got to get more:) The mesh I used on this LO was actually a hunter green, so I used acrylic paint to alter the color to suit my needs. If my local stamping store doesn't have the color I need I purchase what they have and just alter it...works fine for me.

The oval tag is actually chipboard covered with acrylic paint, chalkboard mist and glimmer mist. This mix gave me the semi metal or rustic look I wanted. Topped with an actual metal piece. NOTE: The number has no specific meaning. I just love using numbers on my LO's, often times they hold no meaning and sometimes they may.


Looks like chevron is in the air. This was by sheer luck that I have pattern paper that ended up being the trend of spring. I'm not so sure I'll go about purchasing all things chevron, but I am liking some of the work I've seen using it.


Don't you love recycling? I really like using corragated pieces on my crafts, but I don't like purchasing items that's usually considered as trash. I just use boxed or wrap from shipments I've received and make it work just the same. Then enjoy the process of distressing it all.


The miniture mirror is a hoarded items I've had for YEARS...nuff said ^_^


Supplies:



A Boyz Life - Bazzill cardstock, Recollections mosaic memories paper, TPC Studio Homeroom cardstock; Sprite Bottlecap (distressed); Magic Mesh; K&Co Ephemera Bingo Card; Craft chipboard piece; Tim Holtz Plaquette; Dark burnt umber acrylic paint; Adirondack sunshine yellow paint dabber; Tattered Angels chalkboard Peacock mist, tattered leather glimmer mist; Gray bling; 7 Gypsies boys garcons stickers


Kool - MME pattern paper (Fine & Dandy line); Chipboard; TH paper distresser; Distress paint (Picket Fence); TA chalkboard mist and glimmer mist; TH distressables (Time), TH plaquettes; MM spiral journal; Emphera (unknown); Michael's brand Butterfly stamp; Craft acrylic flower; Craft mini mirror; Recollections black pearl and bling; Pink Paislee rak; Prima lace; Heidi Swapp chipboard alpha; Distress crackle paint and stickles in Picket fence and old paper; Gel pen


Have a wonderful weekend!!


Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Great elements on this page. I haven't had time to do any scrapbooking lately. I remember I used to scrapbook every weekend but I really don't any more. I really need to get back to it.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had time to do any scrapbooking lately. I remember I used to scrapbook every weekend but I really don't any more.
    ASICSGel-260TR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello KI,

    What a lovely layout! I do not scrapbook but love card making! I also love designing mini books and tags too! Paper is certainly a good thing. :)

    Smiles♥

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete