Thursday, November 14, 2013

Christmas Memories Album

Today I want to share with you my Linnie Blooms DT project, which is the start of my Christmas Memories Album for 2013.  I know I know that each year I get so involved in the holiday mixed with work that I end up not adding pictures to my "December Daily".  Well...I actually end up not completing some pages too, but who's looking? LOL!
This year WILL be different, I WILL complete my album this year all the way up to December 31st.  Even if I have to print the last pictures in church on the 31 and glue them down while I'm there:-)

Let's get started


For this project I'm using a Linnie Blooms canvas flourish pocket and a chipboard album to start.


This is the end result of the front cover and flap of my book.

Below is a pictorial of how I distressed the flourish pocket


To start, I cut to size a sheet of acetate to protect the layer below the flourish section of my pocket.


Add liquid adhesive to the flourish portion of the pocket.  Be sure to thoroughly and evenly cover this section with adhesive.


Here I added some Martha Stewart extra fine glitter in antique silver.


After my glittered section was dry, I then mixed light molding paste with Tim Holtz reinkers in Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo until I achieved the color I like.


I wanted to take advantage of the available loop hole in the pocket, so I threaded some seam binding through the hole using a safety pin.  Then created a double bow with the seam binding.


Here's the completed flourish pocket.  I used basic shipping tags and covered them with more pattern paper, the reverse of the tag will hold little notes.


Up close look of the canvas flourish pocket. I love love love this glitter!


There you have it, the cover of my December Daily is complete! WOOT WOOT!!
Beginning the first week of December, each week I will be sharing the additional pages of my album until the very end. Also, if you do not own any Linnie Blooms canvas shapes but you are thinking on making a purchase, I have an offer for you.  When you visit Linnie Blooms shop to purchase, before checkout enter the code LB2013KW and you will receive 10% off your total order. Now, you know I love a saving, so here's one just for you...ENJOY.

Now, how will you preserve your 2013 holiday memories?  I hope this has inspired you to create with canvas and to get busy creating memories.

Also,  let me be the first to wish you all a safe and happy holiday season!

Have a great and wonderful rest of the week.

Kisha

6 comments:

  1. I'm madly in love with this project Kisha! I can't wait to see what else you create with this beautiful book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I'm so happy you like it.

      Delete