Friday, April 18, 2014

Creating Layers Using Wooden Embellishments

Hey Guys...Happy Good Friday!

Today I have two LO's to share with you showing how I use multiple wooden embellishments to enhance the layered look of my pages.



On this LO, I used various sized butterflies (as I love butterflies), and I also used a custom ordered circle pattern. The circle pattern actually came 5X6 rows of circles for a total size of about 6" X6". Which allowed me to cut the pattern as desired.



See the circle pattern peeking out here is cut very short for the space allowed.


And here I've tucked my embellishment between layers of pattern paper to add more height to the page. Pop dots are used to balance the opposing side of the paper layers.


On this LO, I used two of my favorite embellishments...Honey comb stencil and Feathers. I could probably use these items on everything. LOL!


I just love love love this picture! The beauty God has created is amazing.


Back to my LO...I love the thickness of these feathers (large and small).  They are the right size and thickness to be used on a LO or card, yet not too thick where it's bulky.  I love that I can add inks and mediums to them and heat set it without the top layer peeling or burning....like those (ahem) wood veneers.
The tags you see here (and on the top of the LO) are actually just scrap pieces of pattern paper I had left over from another project that I cut into rectangles.  The tags shown on the top of the LO were also cut into rectangles, then I snipped off the corners of the tag using my scissors.


Here's a view of the Honeycomb stencil I used here.  I'm trying not to type how I love this....BUT I LOVE IT!!

Products Used:
Unique Laser Designs - Honeycomb Stencil
Custom Wooden Circle Pattern
 Lg/Sm Feathers
Various Pattern Papers
I Am Roses & Michaels brand Florals
Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst
Lace
Doilies
Pearls
Metal Embellishments

Thanks for stopping by and have a Blessed Easter!
Kisha

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite layouts. Love all the layering and the photo is so serene and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete