Monday, April 14, 2014

Easter Tag Mini Album

Hello and happy Monday! Today I get to share my first post over on the Helmar DT blog. In the spirit of Easter, I created a large tag mini album that I'll use to add a few pictures and journaling from my family's gathering.

Let me show you how I created my mini album.


To start, I used a tag template to trace the image on my cardstock and cut it out on the fold. The tag size is 4.5" X 8.5".


After the tag has been cut, decide on the fold direction then adhere.  To adhere my tags I used Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive. Add the adhesive to one panel of the tag then line it up with the remaining panel.


After both tag panels have been adhered, now it's time to add the pattern or solid paper of your choice. This tag will also be great to use as a mixed media tag album; just be sure to protect the surfaces you're not working on as you create.


Next adhere ribbon or twine as your closure and continue to add your layers of pattern paper, embellishments, mediums, etc.



For the back of this album, I'm still adding dimension.  I used Helmar White 1/4" square Zapdots.  These are great for embellishments with small areas and the grip is superb.  It strongly adhered to this wooden embellishment with no extra adhesive needed.


And here is the final product.



I love the look of the tag album unfolded.  More than likely this is how it will be displayed in my studio.



Products Used:

Other Items:
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Various Patterned Papers
I Am Roses flowers
Various Stamps/Inks
Ribbon, Lace, Seam Binding
Pearls & Liquid Pearls, TH Distress Stickles
Chipboard, Gesso, Glitter

Kisha

1 comment:

  1. Love, Love,Loving it! I will definitely be trying this technique! You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete