Monday, May 5, 2014

Embellished Journal

Everyone loves a pretty journal right? Well I know I do, I have journals of all sizes to keep tabs on all sorts of things from church, budget, home renovation ideas and notes, and DT info/ideas.  And lately I have been having a ball altering journals for others. I've had so many to create lately that I've not gotten around to altering my new journal yet...that's a really good thing ^_^

Today, I'm sharing one of the latest journals I've created using Helmars adhesives.


To start, of course pull some patterned paper and embellishments you would like to use on your journal.


Cut or rip your patterned paper to size and adhere using Helmars Craft and Hobby PVA glue. This glue is great to use as it gives you adjustment time before adhering, yet once bonded it has a super strong hold.  This is great being that often times I may decide to move items as I create, and if you use hot glue you don't have that option.


Next continue to add as many layers as desired and distress.


Now for the embellishments. Because I wanted to add some dimension to the journal, I used Zapdots for a bit of height. Cutting your Zapdots in half where needed in slimmer spaces is an option or 1/4 size Zapdots are available.



For this bling brad that was already attached to the journal, I removed the stems of the brad and adhered it with Scrap Dots. Because this flower is closer to the edge of the journal, this gave me height without being able to see the dot adhesive. I love this liquid dimensional adhesive!


I love how this journal turned out!  And if you're thinking this would be a great gift for an AKA...well that's who it was made for, hence the pink and green.


I really love the outcome of this journal with the huge flower and the dressform. 



I hope you've enjoyed seeing this journal came together.
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

Kisha

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty journal. Love the flowers and dress form. Of course I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! We both love pink.

      Delete